Join Our Team
We’re incredibly passionate about both people and bicycles. If you share our passion and are a hardworking team player looking for a fantastic career opportunity, we want to hear from you. We hire energetic sales staff and talented bicycle mechanics for part time and full time positions. Together, our team provides an exceptional bicycle retail experience to each and every person who visits us for his or her cycling needs.
WE ARE HIRING!
BIKE TECHNICIANS AND SALES ASSOCIATES (FULL OR PART TIME)
We have an opening for an experienced Bicycle Mechanic with excellent people skills for working with customers.
You will be part of a passionate yet small team working for Dream Cyclery, a growing top rated full service shop known for and priding itself on helping any and all type of riders from recreational occasional rider to the enthusiast racer and everyone in between!
Looking for three years of progressive experience in bicycle specific mechanical repairs in a bike shop. Attendance in technical institute like UBI or Barnett, SBCU or other bike specific tech courses is a plus. Position also includes performing as a sale associate on the showroom as needed, you will not be wedged in a corner of the building to solely repair bikes, you will be dealing with the public on a regular basis and excellent customer service skills will be a must!
- assembling new bikes
- performing tune ups and overhauls
- identifying faults, damage and wear as bikes are received
- performing on the spot minor repairs (e.g. flat repairs. adjustments, chain installs)
- repairing and/or replacing damaged or worn-out components
- wheel truing and wheel building
- hydraulic brake bleeds
- fitting accessories (lights, pannier racks or cycle computers)
- carrying out routine services and safety checks
- cleaning, de-greasing and lubricating bicycles and components
- advising customers regarding work which is required, and whether this is essential or recommended
- estimating costs (labor and parts) and providing customer quotes
- booking in work
- dealing with customer queries and offering product or general cycling advice
- communicating/ordering with suppliers and dealers
- general clean up and maintenance of service area and showroom
- sales of bicycles, accessories, and parts
- general passion for cycling and advocate for the sport/activity/lifestyle
Bonus skills include:
- suspension knowledge including set-up, overhauls and tuning
- skills in social media helping gain exposure to the shop in that manner
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume addressed to support(at)dreamcyclery.com
Also, feel free to drop-in and apply directly.
Hours and salary TBD on case by case basis, part time work to start with potential to graduate into full time work with benefits